Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pieces of the past



We stopped on our way home from Richmond the other day.  We needed a break from riding in the car and this antique mall was just the place!  It used to be a cotton mill at one point and the building was very interesting.
As we wandered through the "mall" I noticed many items from my childhood.   This of course made me feel very old!  This cookie jar to the left my parents used for so many years.  I wonder if it made the trip to Florida when they moved.  Hmmm...
 This bowl reminds me of my Grandma Baney.  I remember a bowl like this at her house.  I loved the soft pink and blue with the creamy color bowl.
 I almost stopped dead in my tracks when I saw this.  It could not be an antique!  I got a copy of this recipe book when I got married 20 years ago.  (So maybe it is... Remind me to pick up a new copy for James and Rachel's wedding in November!)
 This piano was fantastic.  It dated back to the 1800's!  I think it might need to be in the Haunted Mansion at Disney with those candlesticks!
 Kyra, of course, wanted to show me how much she wants piano lessons.
All of my siblings and I can play piano, some (ahem) better than others!
 She did not however want this outfit.  I am not sure why.  I think the hat is lovely with the dress!  Tee hee!
 This organ is just like my Grandma Baney's.  I wish it hadn't been so covered up to get a good shot.  Since we all took lessons growing up I can remember going and playing around on the organ while visiting.


While no one I know has owned a typewriter like this I am sure someone did in my ancestral line.  It may have been a fine piece of machinery in its time but I am just glad I do not need it to blog!








Photobucket

No comments: