Friday, August 12, 2011

Soak






Tonight I went to Soak.  
It was a special time put on by our church Crosspointe Church in Cary, NC.
The program above was handed out at the door.  On the back it read that "You owe nothing to this event.  Your're not here to perform."  "We want to provide you the gift of space to connect with your Father in any way the two of you choose."  Be still and know...   Bibles, paper, pens are scatted around.  Music can be background or you can engage with it.   The setting was there. Was I?


At first when I entered it was hard to be calm.  My mind still wandered to the things that had transpired throughout the day.  Michael and I settled into a high top cafe style table with a softly lit lamp, candles, communion, and note cards.  

Around us people were transfixed into a quiet time of reflection.  The word, song, fellowship, communion it was peaceful.  The only words spoken were the singers set up on one side of the room.  All wearing black to blend into the atmosphere.   My mind slowly cleared and everything was put on hold.  I could feel a sense of calm come over me.  I listen with my mind, my heart, my soul.  The singer sang "I belong to you. Sickness cannot hold us back, nothing can take me from your great love."   The words I needed right then knowing that Michael's uncle had been taken to the hospital just hours before where they found he had a mass on his brain.

Not wanting to leave I continued to listen to the songs- Healing is in your hands, Restless, Holy Surrender, Lead me to the cross, At the foot of the cross.   A few of the songs sung softly and tenderly to embrace us into the love of Jesus.  I was completely at peace.  


When I did leave.  I snapped this picture.  Yes, I was ready.





Photobucket

No comments: