Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Clean Eating?

So I am not going to tell you that clean eating is for you.  It is not for me but it is for my friend.  She has a medical condition that requires her to eat "clean."   She says she has never felt better and has lost 10 lbs just by switching her eating to "clean."   So that brings me to why I am writing this blog.  Well, my friend told me about this website called The Gracious Pantry.  On it were "Clean" Pumpkin Spice Pancakes.  Well I was craving some but didn't want all the unhealthy aspects of pancakes so I thought I would give these a try. 
I love them so much!!  They are yummy and delicious!  I eat them before I run for quick carbs that don't weigh you down.  Now I really like Pumpkin Pancakes but I don't want to eat them every day so I had to change the recipe just a bit.  I took out the Pumpkin Spice and added Cinnamon.  Oh yeah!  Add the cinnamon honey butter from Lowes foods and some All Natural Syrup and it is the best!  Even my kids ask for these pancakes.  Kyra ate the stack in the picture!  Try them.  You will be hooked and if you want to eat clean or would like some neat recipes than check out www.thegraciouspantry.com.    Below is the recipe for the pancakes above.

Clean Eating Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Ingredients
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour  (I got this at Whole Foods)
1-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (any milk will work)  (I use skim)
1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice (no sugar added)
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Maple syrup for topping
Directions
Step 1 – Whisk together all ingredients (except maple syrup) in a medium mixing bowl.
Step 2 – Using an oil sprayer, spray a non-stick pan with a very light coat of olive oil. Pour on your pancakes and cook until done.
Step 3 – Serve a stack of hot pancakes topped with maple syrup and a side of scrambled egg whites.
Eat and Enjoy!

5 comments:

Jeannie Marie said...

These really look good! I would like to eat clean but just stick to eating whole foods as much as possible, which hasn't garnered any weight loss but I feel really good.

Willis Family said...

You can have them when you come! They freeze and re-heat well.

Jennettehogan said...

Those look SO good!

Willis Family said...

Thanks Jenny! They really are good! You must make them and let me know what you think. :)

Jeannie Marie said...

I loved them when we visited!! They were delicious!